My New Happy: Style Challenge - What I've Learned

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Style Challenge - What I've Learned


For the last three weeks, I've been participating in Alison's Spring Style Me Challenge.   Every afternoon I excitedly checked my e-mail to see what Alison had picked out for me to wear the next day.  Sadly, the challenge has come to an end (cue violins, dramatic music, and weeping). Oh great - now that Alison has left my in box, I'm going to have to figure out how to get dressed by myself. Luckily I learned some things that will help me as I move forward on my own.  Well, at least until the Summer Style Me Challenge starts!

  • I'm not too "old" to try new trends.  I used to be afraid of white jeans, statement necklaces, and leopard, but now I know that I can pull them off just as well as anyone else.
  • I don't have to spend a lot of money to have a cute wardrobe.  A handful of basic pieces can be mixed and matched into so many different outfits.
  • It doesn't take that much more time to look pretty and pulled together than it does to throw on yoga pants.
  • I'm not too tall for wedges.  Well, a little tall, but not TOO tall.
  • The people around you will notice when you put extra effort into your appearance.  Even your husband and male children!
However, the most important thing I learned was how kind and supportive a group of women with a common goal can be.  I received heartfelt compliments from so many Style Me Challenge participants, both here on my blog and through the Facebook group.  Each beautiful lady encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone, and I have grown more confident in these three weeks.  I've made some wonderful new friends in the process.  To Alison and all of you, I say thank you!

Check out these lovely friends to see how the Style Me Challenge inspired them!



Deena @ Shoes to Shiraz


Jordan @ Just Jordan

Shaunacey @ Confessions of a Frumpy Mummy

 Katie @ The Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life

 Beth @ Fast Life Slow Life

 Vanessa @ X-tremely V

 Anne-Michelle @ May We Be Allergy Free
 
 Teresa @ Two Babies and Me
 
 Sarah @ Foxy's Domestic Side

Carrie @ A Lovely Little Wardrobe

 Carly @ Faith Family and Frugality


Lana @ Two Teens and Their Mama

We've had so much fun sharing our blogs each week, that we've decided to keep the fun going!  Check back next Wednesday for our new Style Me Awesome Link Up. Thanks to Deena for designing this great button!




Linking up with Get Your Pretty OnA Lovely Little WardrobeThe Pleated PoppyBecause Shanna Said SoNot Dead Yet Style

20 comments:

  1. Lana, you rocked all of these outfits! Great post on your takeaways from the challenge too.

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated in the style challenge too. Alison is so genuine and gorgeous and the styles were simple to copy! I agree that we are not too old to try some new styles and you are working those white pants!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison was the perfect person to host this challenge. I'm glad you did it too!

      Delete
  3. Love the white pants outfit! and the statement necklace in the coral sweater outfit. So glad to have "met" you through the challenge! Looking forward to continuing to link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I'm glad we're going to continue the link up.

      Delete
  4. I was surprised how easily leopard works with - EVERYTHING! Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan. I wore my leopard shoes with the most random outfit today and they actually looked great!

      Delete
  5. You are always so positive and encouraging- definitely enjoy interaction with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice compliment! Thanks Deena. I'm looking forward to continuing the link ups.

      Delete
  6. This is such fun challenge this is such a fun challenge, I love the looks you showed here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your styles are great. Allison is so good as styling these that are chic and easy

    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Alison's site. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  8. Good for you for trying out new things with Alison's challenge! Love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to keep trying new things on my own!

      Delete
  9. I've heard so many great things about this challenge that I'm signing up for the next one. I love all of your looks! I hope that we'll be seeing more of each others style in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're signing up for the summer challenge. You will really enjoy it! Looking forward to seeing your outfits.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing what you learned. I also Alison's blog and am thinking about trying the summer challenge. You look nice in all of your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you decide to do the summer challenge. It's so much fun and totally worth it.

      Delete

Reading your comments is one of the best parts of blogging! I read and appreciate them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...